The purpose of these trips is to provide an opportunity for culturally and emotionally rewarding experiences. They are organized around human experiences with a focus on authenticity, sharing certain moments with local people or learning about certain ancestral trades. A chance to “get back to nature” in a context of sustainable tourism.
Sharing these moments with one’s coworkers is a powerful experience that promotes cohesion and reflection, and that can inspire excellence. These moments provide an opportunity to step outside of one’s comfort zone and challenge certain predefined codes or beliefs.
A chance to “get back to basics” and see oneself and others in a new light, at a time when the virtual world has taken over exchange and communication.
“Journey to an unknown land”, Swedish Lapland – 15 people – Consulting firm
- Small cabins bordering a frozen river
- Observation of the aurora borealis with a photographer’s oversight
- A day spent with a Sami family, helping out with chores on a farm that breeds reindeers and takes care of sled dogs, cooking a reindeer stew…
- An evening under the family tipi, with traditional Sami songs
- A conversation with the author of the first novel written about the Sami people, and a fireside book signing
- A day of dogsledding, including a meeting with a trapper, ice fishing, and a BBQ lunch around the fire